Developer of 2021’s platformer Smelter brings us an experience that’s not to be missed by Shovel Knight and Mega Man fans alike. Paying homage to widely renowned platforming classics X PLUS Games will launch their newest project in a matter of weeks!
Bat Boy is an 8-bit 2D platformer inspired by the NES era which will be launching on the Nintendo Switch on 25th May 2023 (not far now!). X PLUS Games are introducing us to a fresh set of sentai-inspired characters with you playing as the one and only Bat Boy himself. Your mission is to free your brainwashed allies and defeat the culprit responsible for the evil spell, Lord Vicious. With a diverse range of levels to explore, new skills to acquire and many foes and bosses to take on, this game is amping up to be one thrilling adventure.
Bat Boy takes on a baseball-centred combat style where he can swing, deflect, power-hit and spin against enemies.
Full Bat Boy features:
- A thrilling 2D platforming adventure set against nostalgic 8-bit backdrops.
- Swing, deflect, spin and power-hit your way through exciting baseball-style combat!
- Explore a vast world of unique and exciting environments, ultimately leading to a showdown with one of Bat Boy’s brainwashed allies!
- Take on the powers of your allies as you free them from the influence of Lord Vicious!
- Glorious 8-bit visuals, reminiscent of early legendary platformers.
- High octane chiptunes from Evader Music, composer for Smelter and Super Sami Roll.
- Dozens of enemies, exciting bosses and intriguing companions to encounter!
- Make your way to your allies using your baseball bat to go up against Lord Vicious’ goons and solve puzzles!
- Hidden secrets, collectibles, unlockable music and more to find!
With music composition from Evader Music (previously composing for Smelter and Super Sami Roll), this is setting up to be an immersive retro-style experience. There are also numerous hidden secrets, collectibles, and music to discover and unlock.
Learn more at batboythegame.com.
I am a media and pop culture enthusiast and love Nintendo and indie games, particularly Zelda and Stardew Valley. When I’m not gaming you’ll find me writing, creating fanart, and playing music covers of my favourite games!