Last Updated on April 16, 2023
Kickstart 01 is an Amiga expo taking place on the 1st and 2nd of July, 2023.
The day has finally arrived! The organisers of Kickstart 01 have revealed the full list of impressive speakers and special guests who will be gracing the UK’s first Amiga convention in years.
Prepare to have your senses tantalized and your curiosity piqued by this carefully curated lineup of Amiga developers set to offer enthralling insights and engaging conversations.
Kickstart 01 guests
- David Pleasance – Commodore Uk
- Trevor Dickinson – A-eon Technology
- Mike Battilana – Cloanto
- Neil Thomas – RmcRetro and The Cave
- The Akiko32 Hardware project
- Nivrig Nivrig Games
- DJ H0ffman
- Many Amiga user groups such as RHAG, SWAG, SAG, YAG and NAG
And as if that wasn’t enough to set your heart racing, the one and only Jon Hare of Sensible Software will be taking to the stage for a sensible chat. Yes, you heard it right folks – get ready to be wowed by this brilliant mind as he joins an esteemed panel of developers to share his experience and insights on a variety of Sensible titles including the iconic Cannon Fodder and SWOS.
And who knows, we might even be graced with a tune or two from the man himself at our afterparty shenanigans. Trust me folks, this is one development you do not want to miss out on!
Elsewhere at the event, you’ll find these vendors and teams:
- Amiga Addict
- Civitas Nihilium
- Pure Amiga
- Retro Passion
- The Retro Hour
Doors open at 10.30am on July 1st at the Meadow Lane football ground in Nottingham, with the first day continuing as follows:
- Welcome speech 11:00am: welcoming and information on days events
- Gaming Comp1 12:00am: Game against other show attendees for prizes and highscores
- Mike Dailly 1:00pm: DMA Design – Onstage talk with an audience Q&A
- Jon Hare 2:00pm: Sensible Software – Onstage talk with an audience Q&A
- Gaming Comp2 3:00am: Game against other show attendees for prizes and highscores
- Future Game Devs 3:30pm: New Amiga games – Onstage panel with Nivrig and H0ffman
- Doors close 5:00pm
Later on the Saturday, there is also the ReCap party, a retro themed night of electronic 16-bit inspired music, running from 6pm until midnight.
Meanwhile, the second day is scheduled as follows:
- Doors open 9:00am: Check into event, get your lanyard, wristband and Programme
- Gaming Comp3 10:30am: Game against other show attendees for prizes and highscores
- Simon Phipps 11.30am: CORE Design – Onstage presentation with an audience Q&A
- Mev Dinc 1:00pm: VIVID Image – Onstage talk with an audience Q&A
- Gaming Comp – The Decider 2:30am: Game against other show attendees for prizes and highscores
- Raffle & prize giving 3:00pm: Announcement of the raffle winners and thanks
- Doors close 5:00pm
Full Kickstart 01 details can be found at www.amigashow.com. If you’re an Amiga fan, this looks like an amazing celebration of the system, so if you can make it, get your tickets ordered.