Last Updated on August 15, 2023
The Game Boy was a revolutionary handheld gaming system that dominated the market for over a decade. It was loved by gamers of all ages for its simple design, long battery life, and huge library of games.
GameBook: The Unofficial DMG Companion is a celebration of the original Game Boy. Author Paul Murphy has written a comprehensive guide to the system, covering everything from its history and design to its best games.
The book features in-depth retrospectives on classic Game Boy titles, written by some of the most respected writers in the industry. There are also interviews with developers and designers, as well as stunning artwork and photography.
GameBook: The Unofficial DMG Companion is a must-have for any fan of the Game Boy. It is a lovingly crafted tribute to a truly iconic gaming system.
Here are some of the key features of the book:
- A comprehensive history of the Game Boy, from its conception to its legacy.
- In-depth retrospectives on classic Game Boy titles, written by some of the most respected writers in the industry.
- Interviews with developers and designers who worked on the Game Boy.
- Stunning artwork and photography.
- A must-have for any fan of the Game Boy.
The book is available in two editions: standard and deluxe. The deluxe edition includes some exclusive content, such as art prints, a Game Boy blueprint, and an enamel pin badge.
You can purchase the book here at NintyMedia’s website, where it is listed at £49.99.
A sequel to GameBook, called GameBook: COLOR, is planned to launch on Kickstarter later in 2023. It will cover the Game Boy Color system.