Last Updated on June 5, 2023
Kvark, a first-person shooter game inspired by retro classics like Half-Life and BioShock, is here to take gamers back in time.
Boasting modern updates like advanced rendering and adaptive audio, Kvark was developed in Unreal Engine 5 by the minds at Latest Past and Perun Creative. Available now on Steam Early Access, Kvark is set to release on various consoles in the future, including PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch.
Here’s a taste of the background to Kvark…
June 2nd, Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Dive deep into a mysterious research facility somewhere in the Czech Republic in an alternate 80s. Feel shivers run up and down your spine while navigating dark, underground tunnels and try to survive while revealing the secrets of this mysterious industrial complex.
What can you expect from this retro style FPS?
- Fast-paced fights with a plethora of weapons, from wrenches to grenades, bazookas, and the iconic EK-48.
- Uniquely designed, diverse, and challenging enemies that require swift tactics, weapon swapping, quick thinking, and constant movement.
- An intriguing story told through hidden notepads that the player must discover.
- Search for suspicious substances that may aid you in your efforts.
- Simple to intricate puzzles that the player will have to solve to progress.
- Detailed, interactive levels that reward players willing to explore, with hidden Easter eggs, secrets, and achievements.
- Stylized retro graphics that deliver old-school gaming nostalgia.
- A strong “just-one-more-level” vibe and loads of explosive fun!
You may not have heard of these developers. Latest Past was founded by Radovan Šťastný and Petr Pavlík as a Czech indie game development studio. They emerged from Perun Academy, which supports game development in the Moravian-Silesian region.
Perun Creative is an independent Czech gaming company based in Ostrava, established in 2017. They created Hobo: Tough Life, and are the publisher and co-developer of Kvark. The company is also currently working on an upcoming, yet-unannounced AA game.
Kvark is currently in early access on Steam, so you can join in the fun right now for $15.99.