Originally released on the Nintendo Entertainment System following a successful Kickstarter in 2019, NEScape! is an intense escape room adventure that is now heading to Xbox and Nintendo Switch consoles.
You’re the hero in this puzzle game that combines the look and feel of authentic retro titles with the modern-day escape room. Assemble clues, connect the dots, and overcome challenges to get to the next room.
Produced by 8-bit Legit, the publishing arm of Retrotainment Games and Mega Cat Studios has added the game to its catalogue and following its January 13th release, you should be able to grab KHAN Games’ NES original on your current-gen console today.
Gameplay in NEScape! allows you to track your success by seeing the room change over time, giving you a first-person perspective in this immersive brain teaser. Hanley was able to capture the feel of being trapped inside an escape room littered with seemingly disconnected objects, creating puzzles and mystery in abundance.
There is a typewriter on a table… a hair dryer… an old grandfather clock sitting silently. What else is hiding in the room, and how do all of the pieces connect?
You will find out in NEScape!
NEScape! boasts the following in-game features:
- Test your wits against four intricately designed, puzzle-filled chapters
- Flex your mental muscle-no hand holding here!
- Feast your eyes on beautiful, retro-accurate pixel art, authentic to the cartridge-gaming era
- Get haunted by a memorable and eerie chiptune soundtrack
- Achievement hunters, rejoice! NEScape! is stacked full of achievements exclusive to Xbox.
- Check out 3 swappable gameplay borders on both Nintendo Switch and Xbox
- Leaf through the original manual in-game during your attempt to escape
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.