Last Updated on October 16, 2023
Updated from its original 2020 Steam release, Pillars of Dust is now available to buy on Nintendo Switch.
This retro-styled RPG follows Prince Carlton and pauper Gregg as they journey through a forgotten kingdom. Recruit strange companions, find hidden secrets, and complete the quest in the order of your choosing.
Featuring a chicken nugget-based currency, two main heroes with intersecting plots, and a unique exploration-based leveling system, Pillars of Dust offers 8-10 hours of retro JRPG gameplay. Take part in fast turn-based battles, uncover the many secrets of Alluriga, and groan at countless dad jokes along the way.
About Pillars of Dust
Retro RPG gameplay meets cozy exploration in this wacky retro styled RPG, where you step into the shoes of Prince Carlton and pauper Gregg as they make their separate ways through a forgotten kingdom.
Recruit strange companions, find numerous secrets, and complete the quest in the order of your choosing. Can you achieve the coveted 100% completion of this cozy exploration centered RPG?
- You choose the order! Play through each character’s story in the order of your choosing
- Two main characters with intersecting storylines
- One-liners and puns galore
- Snappy RPG combat
- 8-bit style graphics and chiptunes
- Fast-paced gameplay – no grinding necessary
- Streamlined menus and inventory system
- Chicken nugget-based economy and collectible cheese
Of course, you can still buy Pillars of Dust for PC on Steam.