Last Updated on August 9, 2022
It seems strange having a favourite magazine in this day and age, but Pixel Addict is certainly up there among my choice publications.
And I’ll admit, issue 1 passed me by completely, somehow, so I’ve really been diving into the subsequent issues.
Here’s how news of Pixel Addict issue 5 was announced:
But what can you expect to find in this celebration of retro computing and console-ing? Issue 5 includes:
- In our cover story Phil South reflects on the growth of multimedia, FMV and CD-ROM software before the rise of the internet. How did the internet and new interactive web services shape our lives today?
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge game review.
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy feature.
- Stuart Bowling of Dolby talks about Star Wars and sci-fi droids in our exclusive interview.
- Roy Templeman shares his love of collecting rare and obscure computers.
- Round 2 of voting by the PA team, as we try to establish what the greatest game in history is!
- We chat with Simran Whitham from FORMAT gaming events in Manchester.
- DOS PC gaming, including 90s Real-Time-Strategy PC games!
- RISC OS and Acorn ‘The Wakefield Show’ event report.
- Handheld computing and emulation, including Pandora and PSION hardware articles.
- The Forgotten Victories of Tech’s Biggest Flops – Steve Job’s NeXT computer system (Part 2).
- The second part of Pixels ‘n’ Popcorn looking at Street Fighter II spin-offs.
- Ex-Ocean software’s Simon Butler.
- Computing/gaming news and Your Points Of View!
- Plus lots lots more..!
Issue 5 of Pixel Addict can be ordered online from 11th August, 2022, it’s head to your local WHSmith later on the month to pick up a copy in the old fashioned way.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.