Last Updated on August 30, 2023
Shardpunk: Verminfall, a post-apocalyptic turn-based strategy game, is participating in the Steam Strategy Fest.
What is Shardpunk: Verminfall about?
The game’s blurb states:
The war is lost, the Capitol lies in ruins, and you’re on the run! Shardpunk: Verminfall mixes turn-based tactical strategy with RPG, survival, and resource management as you gather your team, scavenge for resources, fight enemy hordes, and seek shelter to live another day.
Sounds pretty ace! And while it relies on relatively modern PC hardware, the game has an appealing pixel design that is becoming incredibly timeless.
Gameplay features of Shardpunk: Verminfall
The game has been praised for its captivating gameplay and has received a number of free updates since launch, including:
- A new difficulty level, Very Hard, for challenge seekers
- Ironman Mode, which prevents players from reloading a mission
- Combat Enhancing Explosive Barrels, which add a new dimension to strategy
- Character Renaming, allowing players to personalize their characters
- Dread Mechanics, which add a deeper layer of strategy to the game
- Character Bonds, which allow players to unleash potent squad synergies
- Free Blood Pack DLC, which adds a bloodier aesthetic to the game
- Free Rat Pack DLC, which introduces a new character and enemy types
Shardpunk: Verminfall was awarded the “Best Gameplay” prize at the Intel Pixel Awards 2023.
The Steam Strategy Fest is a great opportunity for players to experience Shardpunk: Verminfall and all of its features. The game is available for a 20% discount during the festival, and players can also earn additional rewards by completing challenges.
Tactical intricacies, squad tactics, and captivating gameplay await players who join Shardpunk: Verminfall during the Steam Strategy Fest. Head to Steam to check out this Steam Deck-ready strategy title for PC.