Last Updated on September 19, 2022
Pixel Addict magazine issue #6 is now available to pre-order, with Amiga Addict’s sister publication taking in everything from comic cons and games exhibitions to the BBC Micro and Atari Jaguar this time around.
The main features in issue 6 are a look at which Sim City game is best (my money is on the original, or Sim City 2000, the only game worth playing on Pocket PC) and a retrospective of classic first generation games (including Elite, Pong, Adventure, and E.T.).
Our cover story this month looks at the difficulty curve in gaming, with a retrospective look at classic first generation games including Elite, Pong, Adventure and E.T.Which Sim City game is the best?
Issue 6 of Pixel Addict magazine also includes:
- Rare collectors’ computers including the Bandai RX-78, 3DO, Osaris PDA and Pandora.
- Our Homebrew Heroes section previews the latest retro game releases.
- Wigan Comic Con event.
- The History of Video Games exhibition in Bristol.
- Games editor Alan continues his quest to find the best classic game ever!
- Phil Murphy interview and NERG event show report.
- BBC micro BASIC programming.
- OpenXcom game profile.
- We watch the Doom movie featuring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in our regular Pixels ‘N’ Popcorn column.
- Can Andrew learn to love the SNES console?
- The Unofficial SNES Pixel Book from Bitmap Books is reviewed.
- New Atari Jaguar games.
- Playdate handheld console.
- Ex-Ocean software’s Simon Butler.
- Computing/gaming news and Your Points Of View!
- Plus lots lots more..!
Pixel Addict #6 is available to pre-order online now and will be in stock from September 22nd if you prefer to buy from WHSmith.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.