Last Updated on August 10, 2023
TAITO’s 2005 arcade classic Spica Adventure is set for release on major console platforms in 2024.
2005 2D platformer Spica Adventure will be released on consoles for the first time ever. Previously a Japan-only, arcade-exclusive game, the game will be available on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5 in Spring 2024.
In Spica Adventure, players will use their wits and quick reflexes to guide the heroine, Nico, through challenging stages filled with abstract and cartoony dangers. To navigate the game’s challenges, players will rely on Nico’s trusty umbrella, which can be used to charge at enemies, float through the air, spring off walls, and even reflect bullets.
Spica Adventure features
The spiritual successor Bubble Bobble III features:
- Nostalgic 2D side-scrolling action with authentic TAITO arcade gameplay
- The triumphant return of the Parasol Stars umbrella: versatile weapon, shield, and movement tool
- Unique and charming retro pop art arcade aesthetics
- Online leaderboards for competing with other players worldwide
- Varied difficulty stages and mirrored levels for extended playtime and replayability
- Unique music composed by TAITO’s music team, “Zuntata”
- International debut and first-ever release on consoles
Get ready to beat toy robots in style in this cutesy but lethal TAITO release!
Spica Adventure also features a branching level design, giving players a choice of different paths to take after completing each stage. This allows players to tailor their experience to their own skill level and preferences.
Whether you’re a fan of classic 2D platformers or you’re just looking for a new challenge, Spica Adventure is sure to please. Be sure to pre-order your copy starting on November 14, 2023!
Boxed editions will be available to pre-order on November 14th, 2024.