Firefly Studios has released a demo of the upcoming Stronghold: Definitive Edition, following the game’s successful reveal just a few short weeks ago. The demo is now available on Steam and features a number of new changes and improvements, including:
- Updated artwork: All artwork in the game has been remade, from landscapes and resources to units and buildings. The art team, which includes talented developers from Stronghold 1 and 2, has used the original source assets as their starting point to ensure authenticity as well as improvement.
- New features: The demo also includes a number of new features, such as a tutorial for new players, a Steam multiplayer mode, and a new campaign.
- Feedback: Firefly is encouraging players to provide feedback on the demo through the Stronghold DE Survey. This feedback will help the studio to further improve the game before its release on November 7th.
News of the re-release has been well-received, with over 100,000 Steam users wishlisting the game already.
Stronghold: Definitive Edition enhanced features
The demo is live until 10am BST / 5am EST on August 29 and features these improvements:
- New Cinematic Animations
- Updated Art Assets and UI Elements
- Improved Animations for Classic Characters
- An Improved Scribe – Now with twice the approved musky lice-riddled peasantry!
Nick Tannahill, Chief Marketing Officer at Firefly, said:
“We’re incredibly excited to release the Stronghold: Definitive Edition demo to our fans. We’ve been blown away by the response to the game so far, and we hope that the demo gives players a taste of what’s to come. We’re always looking for ways to improve the game, so please don’t hesitate to provide feedback through the survey. Your input is invaluable to us.”
The Stronghold: Definitive Edition demo is available now on Steam. For more information, please visit the game’s website.
Stronghold: Definitive Edition is available to wishlist on Steam ahead of the game’s November 7th release date.