Last Updated on November 10, 2023
The remastered Stronghold: Definitive Edition can now be bought for Windows PCs on Steam.
Relive the glory of the original BAFTA-nominated real-time strategy game, with this new definitive edition of a classic RTS. Boasting classic graphics with improved textures and lighting, the game has been given a new lease of life and is available to play on PC via Steam.
“We have faith in the demand for new 2D isometric strategy games” said Firefly Studio’s Chief Marketing Officer Nick Tannahill. “The overwhelming support, feedback and love for our series’ 2D roots made this project possible and we cannot wait to hear what players think of it! Stronghold: Definitive Edition has been a labour of love for the team, both for the series itself and a bygone golden era of isometric 2D strategy. We hope that shines through in the game, as we continue to provide updates and new content into early 2024”.
Key Stronghold: Definitive Edition features
The game has the following new features:
- New visuals: Remade by the original artists with improved animations, textures, and lighting.
- New campaign: A challenging new 14-mission campaign designed by Firefly Studios founders Simon Bradbury and Eric Ouellette.
- Castle Trail: A new 10-mission siege scenario mode with famous historical fortresses.
- Remastered soundtrack: Fresh recordings from some of the game’s original voice actors.
- Steam multiplayer support: Battle old friends online with extra maps on which to wage war.
- Steam Workshop support: Create, share, and enjoy new Stronghold community content.
- Modernized gameplay: A host of technical enhancements and player-requested quality of life improvements.
- Community requested features: Individual settings for many of your preferred game features and controls.
Stronghold: Definitive Edition is the ultimate way to experience the game that started it all. The RRP is just £12.99 – grab it now on Steam.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.