In just a few weeks’ time anyone who has ordered an A500 Mini can expect to hear that knock on the door from Amazon as delivery drivers across the northern hemisphere deliver boxes stuffed with 1990s retro gaming greatness.
But what the heck is an A500 Mini, really? To explain, Koch Media (Retro Games Ltd’s PR guys) has put together this really useful video explaining what the A500 Mini actually is, and what it is not. As presented on Facebook:
From our partners over at Koch Media UK check out their explanation video 😊👍
So what exactly is #THEA500 Mini? ⌨️
We explain what the retro console is all about. along with a few facts you might not already know.
Can’t watch the video? Here’s a quick refresh:
- 25 classic Amiga games included, featuring: Alien breed 3D, Another World, ATR: All terrain Racing, Battle Chess, Cadaver, Kick Off 2, Pinball Dreams, Simon the Sorcerer, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, The Chaos Engine, Worms: The Director’s Cut, Zool: Ninja Of The ”Nth” Dimension.
- Save & resume game functions.
- Via USB, add your own games, update the firmware, and connect your own devices (USB memory stick required (NOT supplied)). THEA500 Mini is compatible with 100’s of classic Amiga games and demos, utilising WHDLoad for simplicity (games must be legally obtained/purchased from the legal owners).
- 50/60Hz in 720p HD via HDMI with multiple scaling options & CRT filter.
- Includes 8-button precision gamepad and authentic 2-button mouse.
- Onscreen keyboard included and also supports USB keyboards.
While the release date of the device has been put back, you can still order the A500 Mini and expect to get it by the end of April.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.