Last Updated on August 28, 2023
Nightdive Studios, a renowned video game remaster studio, has confirmed Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered, a re-release of the final chapter in the Turok trilogy. The game will be available on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation® 4|5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch from November.
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered is a faithful restoration of the classic first-person shooter originally released in 2000 for the Nintendo 64. The game has been upgraded through Nightdive Studios’ proprietary KEX Engine for play on modern gaming devices with up to a 4K resolution at 120FPS.
The remaster features upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for console gamepads with platform-specific features. It also includes all of the original game’s content, as well as new features such as a level select option and a cheat menu.
In Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered, players choose between dual protagonists Joseph and Danielle Fireseed, siblings of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil protagonist Joshua Fireseed. Together, they must defeat the titular antagonist Oblivion and its followers, the Flesh Eaters, after the supposed demise of their brother at its hands.
The game is a faithful recreation of the original, but with the updated visuals and gameplay, it feels like a new game altogether. Fans of the Turok series will definitely want to check it out.
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered features
Here are some of the key features of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered:
- A remastered version of the 2000 classic, available for the first time since its Nintendo 64 release
- Up to 4K 120FPS performance on PC, PlayStation® 4|5, and Xbox One and Series X|S
- Advanced rendering features, including anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, and motion blur
- Remastered environment art, character models, and updated weapon models
- Optional Motion/Gyro controls for Nintendo Switch console and Gamepad rumble
- Trophies and Achievements on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles
Expect Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation® 4|5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch from November 14th, 2023. Learn more on the Turok 3 Steam page.