Last Updated on October 2, 2022
Originally released back in 1997, Actua Soccer 2 was a big deal at the time, an arcade football game that featured not only ensorsement from England captain Alan Shearer, but also motion capture of a young Michael Owen, a player who would go on to set the world alight at the 1998 World Cup just a few months later.
Release on PlayStation and Windows, Actua Soccer 2 is now set for re-release on PC via Steam courtesy of Pixel Games UK. As long as you have 100MB of RAM and 500MB of hard disk space, you should be fine…
Actua Soccer 2 features the 97/98 international football season, with the tools to set up a custom season, cup, or friendly, and even practive sessions. You can select:
- One of 11 national teams
- Alan Shearer’s hand picked All Stars (including David Beckham, Bobby Moore, Pele)
- Create your own custom team
- Supports up to 4 player local co-op (each player requires their own controller)
Some enhancements have been made to the game for its Steam re-release:
- Saving/loading the game at any point
- Support for most modern game controllers
- Full control remapping
- Image scaling and smoothing options
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.