In one of its best retro gaming offerings ever, Humble Bundle is giving you the chance to own the complete Leisure Suit Larry series for under £10.
The fundraising website – where a sizeable portion of the money you pay goes to charity – has listed the nine games in the Leisure Suit Larry franchise, estimated to be worth £72.93. The minimum payment is £7.22, under 10% of the true value of the games if bought today. So, if you fancy taking control of a sleazy, balding, mid-life crisis case with a superb line in double entendres, this is the series for you. You’ll end up with the PC and Mac versions of the games, and will neeed a Steam account to install them.
First released in 1987 with Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, the series was published first by Sierra Software (through six misnumbered games) until 1996. Main character Larry Laffer was renamed/replaced as Larry Lovage for two more games in 2004 and 2009, then reinstated for two more games in 2018 and 2020. Other publishers include Codemasters and Replay Entertainment.
The list of titles in the bundle is as follows:
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (according to the illustration, this is the 1991 remake that features the original 1987 game)
- Leisure Suit Larry Goes Looking for Love (in Several Wrong Places) (1988)
- Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals (1989)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (2004)
- Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work (1991)
- Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! (1993, CD version in 1994)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (1996)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (2018)
- Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice (2020)
Head to Humble Bundle before November 24th to
grope grab your Leisure Suit Larry collection for PC (with some Mac compatible titles.)
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.