Last Updated on August 20, 2023
The early history of 3D rendering software Lightwave is explored in Amiga Addict issue 23, out this week.
My son was teasing me about my continued interest in the Amiga a day or two ago, but was briefly stopped in his tracks by this bombshell: affordable CGI was not possible without the computer. It’s fair to say, I think, that the cinematic world would be a decade behind in digital special effects without the Amiga.
(And whether that’s a good thing or not is a matter for discussion elsewhere!)
So it is a happy coincidence that Amiga Addict #23 features the story of LightWave, with contributions from BBC producer Christopher Barnatt, Amiga Format/3D World‘s Ben Vost, 3D creative Dan Ablan, and 3D art director Kevin Quattro to explore the early Amiga version of the software and why LightWave is still used in 2023.
Elsewhere in Amiga Addict issue 23:
- Free complete coverdisk game download, HOI AGA Remix Edition.
- Preview of new game Roguecraft and interview with Henning and Ricki of Badger Punch Games.
- Classic magazine talk, with The Australian Commodore And Amiga Review publication.
- Six Of The Best with Keir Fraser of FlashFloppy and Greaseweazle fame.
- Many years before Nintendo’s success with the Wii Balance board, Amiga had already produced the very same product; The Joyboard.
- Kickstart UK Amiga expo show report.
- Classic gaming with Alien Breed II: The Horror Continues, The Blues Brothers and the CD32’s Gunship 2000.
- Amiga lighting mods and the Run DMX lighting controller.
- New coding tutorial series: Programming In AMOS.
- The tale of the Amiga BoXeR prototype continues.
- Interview with Boat, Aaron and Brent of Amigos retro gaming network of podcasts.
- Our regulars including former-Sensible Software’s Stoo Cambridge, Demoscene with h0ffman, Amiga news, User Groups, Classic Coverdisk Of The Month and readers letters.
- Plus lots lots more..!
Get your order in now for Amiga Addict #23 by visiting the website. Otherwise, mosey on down to WHSmith on August 24th to grab your copy in person.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.