Epics of Hammerwatch: Heroes’ Edition has been announced by Strictly Limited Games, in a partnership with Crackshell and Blitworks, with release planned for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Including both Hammerwatch games, the special release includes everything that was previously released as DLC, with pre-orders kicking off on Sunday, April 17th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight), at Strictly Limited Games.
The Heroes’ Edition includes the praised indie hack and slash hit Hammerwatch and its rogue-lite sequel Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition, both of which feature in the trailer, above.
Hammerwatch is a hack and slash action-adventure, set in a unique fantasy environment. Solo and co-op modes are available, online or on the couch, in an adventure that takes you from the bottom to the very top of Castle Hammerwatch, and beyond through the desert in the Temple of the Sun Expansion. The game challenges you with hordes of enemies throughout environments riddled with traps, hidden secrets, and puzzles.
- 7 classes to master, each with unique features and skills to unlock to develop your character
- Multiplayer co-op fun for up to 4 players, online and local
- How tough are you? Pick your difficulty and further customize it with several modifiers
- 2 campaigns: Castle Hammerwatch & Temple of the Sun
- 2 extra modes: Hero defense & Survival
Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition
The Epics of Hammerwatch: Heroes’ Edition also includes Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition, a rogue-lite action-adventure game set in the same universe as Hammerwatch. Pitting you agsint endless hordes of enemies, traps, puzzles, secrets, unforgiving bosses and lots of loot, this game forces you through procedurally generated levels until you reach the top of the Forsaken Spire. Three DLCs are also included: Witch Hunter, Pyramid of Prophecy, and Moon Temple.
Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition features:
- Choose your own style: 9 classes available, all with unique stats, abilities and playstyles.
- Procedurally generated levels offer a high replay value and pose a new challenge with each run.
- Persistent progression: Your heroes retain the experience and upgrades gained from each run, becoming more powerful as they level up.
- Online Co-op: Play with up to 3 friends in online co-op, you can even bring your own heroes to your friend’s game!
- Includes all 3 DLCs: Witch Hunter, Pyramid of Prophecy and Moon Temple. With many additional skills, items, areas to explore, 2 new game modes, 2 new classes and much more!
- New Game+: Even if you beat the game, the challenge never ends!
Strictly Limited Games is putting together the exclusive Epics of Hammerwatch: Heroes’ Edition, giving the Hammerwatch universe the boxed legacy it deserves, with two unique limited editions, available for pre-order via the Strictly Limited Games online shop. The Limited Edition is limited to 3,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,100 for PS4, at a price of €29.99, including a colourful game manual.
Meanwhile, the Special Limited Edition is limited to 1,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 600 for PS4, for €49.99. This includes tons of exclusive collectibles from the Hammerwatch universe:
- Special Limited Edition Box
- Colourful Game Manual
- Original Soundtrack
- A3 Double-sided Poster
- 7 Character Die Cut Stickers
- Game Logo Patch
- 4 Background Art Post Cards
- Character Group Shot Magnet
- Special limited heroes edition contents
You can pre-order both editions on Sunday, April 17th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight) for an expected distribution in Q3 2022.
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.