Last Updated on May 30, 2022
Timed to coincide with the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney+ and other Star Wars Celebration events, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords has been confirmed as arriving on Nintendo Switch in June.
The sequel to 2003’s Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2 arrived the following year, initially a buggy release on PC, but with improvements made through patching. Gameplay is enhanced from the original, with your actions influencing the destinies of the crew you assemble.
Arriving on Nintendo Switch on June 6th, this version of the game features updated HD cinematics, resolution, and textures. You can also expect:
- A Standalone Sequel: Experience the follow-up to the acclaimed STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ in this original RPG epic set in the darkest days of the Old Republic.
- Choose Your Destiny: Discover your past and make difficult choices that aren’t as clear-cut as “good or evil.” Each decision can have a significant impact on your story and your squad. Will you uphold the Jedi Order, or lead the galaxy to ruin?
- Master the Force: Choose from three different Jedi classes, each able to wield specific Force powers, and customize your characters with unique skills and abilities.
- Lead Your Crew: Command a party of diverse crewmates, each with their own strengths, alignments and nuanced back stories. Your actions will influence your crew’s destinies, but not everyone may agree with the choices you make…
- The Sith Lords Restored Content DLC: Expand your experience even further with this incredible collection of content featuring new crew dialogue and interactions, a bonus mission starring HK-47, and a new revamped ending, coming as free DLC post-launch.
You can pre-orders Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 now on the Switch eShop for £14.99. In addition, you can also order a digital bundle that includes Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for £29.99.
With so much effort going into releasing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 on the Switch, it makes you wonder if there’s any chance of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3 ever seeing the light of day…
Gaming since 1984, retro gaming since 2004. Contributes to Linux Format magazine and MakeUseOf.com.